ACTUATOR 2020, International Conference and Exhibition on New Actuators and Drive System is the 17th in a series of biennial conferences which for the first time will be held in Mannheim, Germany.
In 2018 Messe Bremen passed on the organisation of the ACTUATOR Conference to the VDE Association for Electrical, Electronic and Information Technologies. Within VDE, the GMM Society for Microelectronics, Microsystems and Precision Engineering will from that date on be responsible for the organization and the economic success of the conference. According to GMM’s business practice, the conference management will be in the hands of our members on voluntary basis.
Our target audience
leading experts, suppliers and users in the field of new actuators and low-power electromagnetic drives from all over the world. The invitation to attend ACTUATOR is directed at executives and researchers from industrial companies as well as institutes, colleges and universities, who are interested in the transfer of R&D results into innovative actuator applications and drive technologies.
Since 1992 the conference has focused on
- actuators based on smart materials and miniaturised electromagnetic drives.
- At that time, silicon was found to be the basic material for a new promising trend: integrated systems including sensors and actuators based on semiconductor technology. Microsystem technology / MEMS had been born.
- Thus, there was a need for new thin film micro actuators based on smart materials like e. g. piezoelectric crystals, shape memory alloys, giant magnetostrictive materials.
ACTUATOR provides ...
- a forum for the presentation and the exchange of RTD results. Lots of new products have been presented in the meantime, showing a huge performance in a minimum volume, designed for industrial as well as home applications.
- Well-known examples are the autofocus lenses for cameras as well as the fuel injection systems, both based on piezo actuators.
- Karl Lubitz of SIEMENS AG, member of the Programme Committee summed up the role of ACTUATOR in this concern concisely:
“ACTUATOR creates visions! Without the visions presented at previous ACTUATOR we would not have been able to manage the development of this product”.
In 2018 the event celebrated its 30th anniversary. We have handled about 2000 conference presentations published on 10,000 pages conference proceedings during these years – and we would appreciate to continue with your visions!
Thanks to all who have contributed and supported us to manage these efforts.